Sunday, April 24, 2011

Thoughts on an Easter Morning

Today when the alarm went off I did as I usually do, roll over and wait for the first snooze alarm. I began to waken before that and checked the time to see if I had slept through the alarm. It had only been a couple of minutes but for some reason I had a vague sense of urgency.

As I began my morning routine, I was interrupted by the thought of other women rising up on an Easter morning long ago. I slept well, they probably didn't because they had seen their Lord crucified and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb with little time to prepare His body for proper burial.

I imagine them hurrying in the dim morning light, speaking in hushed tones, "Who will move the stone?" only to find the stone rolled away and His body gone. What sorrow they must have felt!
What joy when they later were visited by the resurrected Saviour!!

I wish to feel that sorrow so that I can have more joy in the resurrection not only today but every day of my life until I can meet my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments: